If you are unhappy with the look of your eyes, you are not alone. Due to the effects of aging, poor lifestyle habits, and even genetics, many people experience eyelid sagging at some point. Saggy, tired eyelids can make you look years older. Because of this, there is no shame in getting eyelid surgery to correct the issue. In fact, there are a number of celebrities who have had eyelid surgery. You likely didn’t even notice as the subtle change can take years off of one’s face without looking overdone.
Celebrities Who Have Had Eyelid Surgery
- Cameron Diaz: The leading lady has maintained a natural look over the last few decades. However, Cameron Diaz has enhanced her appearance with eyelid surgery.
- Tom Cruise: While Tom Cruise stays out of the public eye for the most part, he always shines onscreen. Part of the reason he has such a youthful boyish look at his age is due to eyelid surgery.
- George Clooney: Despite his handsome charm and salt and pepper hair color, George Clooney underwent eyelid surgery to maintain his facial glow.
- Bono: Despite being a worldwide Rockstar, the U2 frontman upgraded his look with eyelid surgery.
- Charlize Theron: The effects of eyelid surgery can look completely natural as evidenced by Charlize Theron’s youthful glow. Despite being a natural beauty, she has undergone cosmetic surgery to help enhance her look.
- Paul McCartney: While Paul McCartney looks great as he has transitioned into his older years, he has had the help of eyelid surgery to keep his face looking bright.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones: Even Oscar-winning actresses get a little extra help with their looks. Catherine Zeta-Jones has gotten eyelid surgery which has helped maintain her flawless looks.
Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery
Eyelid surgery, also referred to as blepharoplasty, helps enhance the appearance of your eyelids. Blepharoplasty can involve upper or lower eyelid surgery. Upper eyelid surgery can remove the excess skin and fat from your upper eyelid area. This can improve the appearance of puffiness and creasing that contribute to a tired and aged facial appearance. Upper eyelid surgery can also improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, making your eyes look refreshed and rejuvenated. The procedure takes just thirty minutes and can be done under local anesthesia with IV sedation.
Alternatively, lower eyelid surgery can address the issues that affect your lower eyelids. As you age, the skin around your lower eyes can become loose and create wrinkles and baggy skin. This can make you look tired, puffy, and old. Denver eyelid surgery can reduce puffiness, improve the appearance of bags, and help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on your lower eyelids. It can also remove and help reshape the fat to restore your youthful glow. Similar to upper eyelid surgery, the procedure takes a short time and can be done under local anesthesia with IV sedation. People can choose upper eyelid surgery, lower eyelid surgery, or both. This depends on your aesthetic goals, which should be discussed during your consultation.
Expert Eyelid Surgeon in Denver
If you are concerned about the look of your eyelids and are considering treatment, contact McCracken Eye and Face Institute. Dr. Michael McCracken and his team of experts offer a wide variety of treatment options to help with any of your cosmetic needs, including cosmetic eyelid surgery. The team is focused on providing you with treatments that can turn back the clock and restore your face to a more healthy and vibrant appearance. Set up a consultation with the top expert eyelid surgeon in Denver today!