Hair loss is a highly common condition that impacts both men and women. However, the condition is more common in men, and often happens at an earlier age. Roughly two-thirds of men lose their hair before the age of 35, and more than 85% of men experience hair loss by the age of 50. Hair loss can impact your self-esteem and your overall aesthetic. Below you will find information on the best age for a hair transplant so you can get your looks and confidence back. Now, what’s the best age for a hair transplant.
Best Age for a Hair Transplant
While hair loss can impact men in their 30s and older, it can happen at any time. Most hair loss is due to male pattern baldness which is both a hormonal and genetic issue. Experts suggest that hair loss treatment should not be done in your 20s, despite the impact it can have on your life.
This is because the pattern or your hair loss may not be fully determined yet. A skilled expert will consider the type of hair loss you have, the hair loss pattern, the quality of donor hair, and the size of the balding area. Because your bald spot could grow as you get older, it’s important to wait for treatment. Hair loss treatment involves taking donor hair from areas of your head that still have hair, and then grafting them to your balding areas. Therefore, it’s best for men to wait until they are over 25 to get treatment for their hair loss.
Benefits of Hair Loss Treatment
Hair restoration in Denver can dramatically improve your appearance and help get you your confidence back. Neograft is a minimally invasive treatment that harvests hair from areas that are naturally resistant to hair loss. The follicle is then grafted on the areas of your head impacted by hair loss. Over time the hair will regrow and it is both healthy and long-lasting. There are a number of benefits to the treatment beyond just getting your confidence back.
- Success Rates: The treatment is highly successful and effective in treating male pattern baldness.
- Minimally Invasive: Unlike other hair restoration treatments, Neograft is minimally invasive and doesn’t leave behind major scars.
- Natural Results: Many hair restoration treatments can look fake and are noticeable. This can further impact your confidence as it does not provide natural results. However, Neograft results are natural and there are no scars left behind that will make your results look unnatural.
- Fast Recovery: The recovery time is fast and you should be able to get back to your normal daily activities within 6 to 10 days. Within just a few days post-treatment the red marks from the transplant will become less noticeable as they scab over.
- Fewer Complications: Because this is a minimally invasive procedure, it has a much lower risk for complications. There are no staples or stitches involved and the procedure does not pose a risk for your nerves or blood vessels.
Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Denver
If you are interested in hair loss treatment or facial cosmetic surgery in Denver, contact the team at McCracken Eye and Face Institute. The process begins with a consultation to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure. Once it has been determined that you are a good candidate, Dr. Michael McCracken will walk you through the process so you can get started on your hair restoration journey. He has had major success helping patients restore their hair. In fact, patients report an increase in their self-esteem due to the major benefits of the treatment. Contact Dr. McCracken today for an appointment to get started on your hair restoration journey.